Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jeremiah WAS a bullfrog


So Monday night, me and my friend Sara (as you may have read on her blog) attempted to go running together, but as usual, were a little too overzealous, and a little lazy both at the same time, so it didn't really work that well... However at the park where we were attempting this at, the basin we were running through was flooded. And that of course means DUCKS!! so as we were running we mad it halfway aroudn the basin zigzagging up and down the hills all the way (harder than it sounds trust me) we started walking a bit to rest before we started up running again. Then we heard what we both thought was a duck... but not a healthy duck, it sounded sick/dieing. it was depressing. But I thought it'd be funny if I tried to talk to it, and it kinda worked, it responded, so we both... Croauacked(?) at eachother. until Sara realized we were pretty close to it. so we started looking for it. And we were right at the base of the "marsh" and she had her face right next to the water confused because we couldnt see it and SPLASH!!! A frog jumped out into the marsh making both of us jump and we both simultaneously burst out in laughter, in fact Sara quite literally fell to the floor laughing, and hit her head. I helped her up and for about 10 minutes we hunted the little frog until she somehow caught it accidentally with her freshly uncasted hand. Good snag!! and so we carefully got him back to my car, but we had no idea what to do with it, I remembered I had a couple of gallon milk jugs in the back (empty I promise) but no knife to cut it open. So I drove to my friends house and ran in to his room, I couldnt find a knife so I took a sword off the wall and chopped it open!! It was hardcore. but anyway, then I ran out into the car we filled the bas of the jug in water and put the frog in it. then tried to find it a permanent residence and failed... it was slightly depressing and we ended up having to put him back in his home... Sad part was, when we put him back it took him a while to leave. He may have actually liked us... I guess we'll never know... But he's free now... he was a good man... er.... frog.

"In Memory of Jeremiah Trevor Terasuki"

3 comments:

Sara said...

woohoo!!! that was the coolest night ever!!! i miss him already.... oh well, i bet he's with susan! =P

Kylie said...

JOSHUA LINDBLOM! I'm deeply hurt. You didn't tell me you had a blog and granted you just got it, you still failed to inform me. I had to find it through someone else's blog! Thanks a lot!

Katie Seigfried said...

Me and Katie Carroll have a song about frogs...we'll sing it to you one day, but we have to do it together! It's kinda tragic though, i'll inform you now...